Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Some births are harder than other.


And all babies/dolls are not pretty. Her eyes need a lot of work. But instead of finishing the face, I decided to give hers some clothes. I didn't smooth her skin nearly enough. So, I must cover up as much body as possible. This fairy may be a first and last. Oh I do have a 2 1/2 inch fairy that needs to be painted. I'll put pictures of her up when she is finished.

We were talking to our daughter and Jadon this morning. David decided to show Jadon the doll via the Web Cam. big big mistake. She cried she wanted the doll. At 18 months old she doesn't understand the distance between us. She wanted her "Pa" to bring the doll to her. We went to great lengths to try and make her understand that we would mail the doll to her. Now her poor Mother will have to listen to her ask about the doll until it arrives. Which will be at least 3 weeks. I never dreamed she would even be interested in the doll.

I haven't exactly made her to be appropriate for a child this age....hummm...better glue the clothes on.

4 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is coming on nicely.

Judi W. said...

I think she came out great for your first sculpt - I bet lots of people would be pleased to do so well. Jadon will love her - what a special gift!

Kai said...

You did a GREAT job! My first - and second, third, and FOURTH - sculpted pieces came out MUCH less proportionate! And, see? Your lil' Jadon knows a good doll!

Yvette said...

She came out wonderful! I think it is so cool that Jadon loves her so. What a special gift for her!