Monday, June 18, 2007

Newest Member of the Family


Fathers day was a fun filled day. First We got a call from our youngest daughter. Then the oldest daughter and her hubby came and went to church with us. The four of us went out for lunch. Then to the Flea market. That is where things got interesting. I fell in love with a little black dog.
Now we are getting ready to go on vacation. So, was this a good time to take in another family member? No...but I did it anyway. I told the love of my life I was buying her for his Fathers day present. Did he believe that...probably not. But, She has already stolen his heart as well as mine. And the Good thing is Bella, our other dog, and Lariat our cat have accepted her too. I wasn't worried about Bella...she is a sweet old thing and loves all other animals. Lariat, I was really worried about..but last night they both slept with me.
Her first owner called her Dog. Her second owner (which were the people that run a pet shop) called her Mona Lisa. So far she hasn't told me what her real name is. but I am sure it isn't a name she has already had.
She is about 2 years old. She does well on a leash, she is house broken, and loves to chase a ball. Cries when either of us leave her sight. Very loving and a real cuddle bug.

6 comments:

MaryO said...

It's not hard to see why you had to bring this darling home with you! And aren't you glad she's housebroken? It's wonderful, too, that your other pets have accepted her so well already. I'll look forward to hearing more about her and seeing more pictures!

Anonymous said...

I can see why she stole your heart, Auntie Linda. She's got the cutest little face .. and those eyes just say "I love you"!

Judi W. said...

The first owner doesn't sound too creative in the name dept, LOL. She's a cutie! Who gets to cut her nails???? Ugh.

Fran said...

Auntie Linda,
She is a cutie!! OH and those big eyes. She will be spoiled I'm sure. :-)
Love & Hugs
Frannie

Sherry Goshon said...

what a cutie...they do have a way to steal your heart don't they love sherry

Jacque Uetz said...

Linda, she is so cute with such a sweet look on her face I know y'all adore her..will she be going on vacation :)