I've been playing with Shrinky Dink. I think the product is geared toward children. But then I am a kid at heart. I used my Big Shot to cut out the tags. Then stamped and embossed and just generally played.
Monday, August 20, 2007
The Saga of the traveling Round Robin Recipe journals continues. These ladies are going to have lots of wonderful recipes and Art. I think they are going to love their journals
Here is the recipe page I created for Shashi. The recipe is for a Hot Brown. A yummy Hot Sandwich that is pure Kentucky.These two pages are the pages I created for Christie. A wonderful.. filled will calories Pie. Called a Derby Pie.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
I did it. I knitted a Sock. First I bought a really good book. "Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd" If you have never knitted a sock or want a bunch of cute sock patterns, buy this book. Now, it needs a mate or maybe not. This was a see if I can do it Sock. So now I am ready to start on a pair of socks knit with pretty soft yarn.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Things I learned at the HWY 127 Yard Sale. AKA Country Wisdom.
1. Never try to teach a Pig to sing. It is a waste of time and annoys the Pig.
2. Don't even try to have a battle of wits with and an unarmed person.
3. Give the potential buyer a price...then look them in the eye for 10 seconds (10 seconds is a long time). The next move is theirs.
4. Make prices high enough that buyers think they are buying something really nice or rare. Too cheap they put it down and wonder what is wrong with it.
5. 4 lb Yorkies make Great Greeters.
6. Don't park next to someone that has a singing Deer Head mounted on their RV. (the same thing goes for singing fish)
7. Keep an empty chair next to your outdoor fan. Some really nice people need to sit, rest and cool off.
8. If you are 60 years or older, take young healthy adults with you to help with all that work.
9. Be prepared to get up at 3:00 am. Because high winds and rain can make a real mess of your Show Room.
10. If you don't have an RV. Have really good friends you can borrow one form. (Thanks Linda and Bill) Oh and Tables too.
11. Last but not least. When you are loading the goodies that you bought into your trunk, make sure your daughter has her head out of the way before shutting the trunk lid. Sorry Tonya!!! Mother loves you.