Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Mary Beth Dressed


This doll is from a workshop I had the privilege to attend a few years ago. The Pattern is Called Mary Beth. It is a Sherry Goshen pattern and, of course, Sherry taught the class. It was a wonderful class and I learned a lot.

I dressed her today. Now she hasn't been naked all this time. She just didn't like what she was wearing. You know how girls are. I was watching TV today and Saw a doll maker altering fabric. Using lots of fibers and free motion quilting techniques. Now I have tried this before. And messed up my sewing machine really bad. Since, that was quite a while ago.... And I didn't remember how painful it was to be without my beloved machine for a while. I decided to try it again. You will see the results in her cape.

8 comments:

Jacque Uetz said...

Wow! Mary Beth, I remember her the felt doll.Love how you did her face expecially her eyes. I remember it was very tough painting on felt fabric! I love what you did with the cape it is beautiful!!!!Now get back to those dolls, she is wonderful!!!

JudiA said...

Linda, it looks as if both you and your machine survived -- the cape is LOVELY! I adore free-machine work myself, and your beautiful lady deserves to have something so special to wear. Now, I want to know about her so-charming feline companion... he's adorable!!

JudiA

Judi W. said...

Wow - that's a lot of free motion work! It looks beautiful. She sure is a pretty little thing!

Bear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bear said...

Hi Linda
I deleted the other comment- for some reason I called you Mary Beth- I am going nutsy!!

anyway your Mary Beth is dressed to perfection dear Linda she really is - I know she is pleased you waited til you were ready to dress her- its beautiful!
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxox

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is lovely and I love the cape. You did good with the free motion embroidary. I haven't yet done anything. It is on my list of things to do.

Anonymous said...

She turned out lovely and love the free motion cape too! I have only played with free motion once and am not sure it is something I care to do, LOL! You did great though!

MaryO said...

She's lovely, Linda, and her cape is beautiful! You make me want to go finish a UFO today! (But I probably won't).