Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Bed


The bed was My Grandmothers. She had two of them. They were not exactly alike but very similar. I tried to buy them when my girls were small. I thought they would be lovely in their room. But she wouldn't sell them. Later she gave them to two of my cousins. Last summer my cousin Patti gave me this bed. I was so excited. Didn't know exactly where I was going to put it...but new it would be a good addition to our home. The finish was in bad shape....so we decided to paint the bed. I love the way it turned out.

Tonya, my other daughter, the one that gave me a very handsome grandson, primed and painted the bed for me. While her hubby textured the ceiling in the bedroom. Next paint the walls and install new carpet. Then....we get to do the fun part and decorated. Hurray, I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I've now changed my sewing/craft room to a bedroom for my granddaughters. That special bed will be used by Jadon. The girls will only be here about 3 months but I will keep the room especially for them. So, on the occasions that they return to the states they will have their room.

I will have to rearrange the basement so it can become my new craft room......oh my....to be continued....

1 comment:

Jacque Uetz said...

Oh I love tht bed Linda, and how special to be part of your family..
I can't wait until the kids get home..Strange what us grands will do:)