Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Yellowstone





The pictures are backwards...or maybe the signs.. anyway the spring I think is the one at the bottom and the geyser is the picture at the top. The colors were magnificent. Oranges and turquoise...wow. More wonders of the master! The water in the picture above was actually boiling. Running down the side of a hill and into a river. When you walked around this work of art first hot moist air would hit you then cold air. It was a sensation I have never felt before. These two things were together...the first picture and then around 3 sides was the shallow water with all the wonderful colors.
I did a really bad job of explaining this...I guess you just need to go to Yellowstone National Park and experience it.

4 comments:

Courtney Short said...

hey linda - you have left comments on my blog before :-) You just must have forgot :-) You can certainly add me to your blog roll.. I have you on mine :-)

Shashi Nayagam said...

Looks wonderful and hope one day I can have that experience too.

Kai said...

Those colors are so peaceful. The last photo is one I hope Sue sees - I know she will love the colors, too! I've never gotten to travel much of anywhere, so I really appreciate your sharing these photos AND the description! Thank you!

Jacque Uetz said...

Beautiful photos ..you captured the moment for sure!!