Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Weather Report




We had some awesome clouds come in late this evening. And when the clouds reached us....lots of rain lots of wind. But we don't have any damage.

Nothing like 33 years ago on this date. When 3 tornadoes hit the little town my husband and I were raised in. Many houses were just gone. The streets were covered with everything imaginable. House parts, barn parts, peoples clothes and prize possessions littered the roads and made them impassible.

We were really lucky that day. Our house had some major damage. Our barn was gone. Our horse trailer was sitting on top of my car. So you might be thinking what was so lucky. Our whole family was fine. No injuries. No one in our extended families were harmed. Even our animals made it through those storms unharmed. Our dog Hobo thought it was his lucky day. He came out from under debris (where our neighbor's house use to be) with a whole beef roast in his mouth.

5 comments:

Kai said...

Linda, I love the way you see that past storm! Looking at the bright side - and there really IS always a bright side, no matter how hard it is to find - makes all the difference in how we get through things! I believe that 100% and try to live by it! With that said, I'm so glad you all didn't get any damage this time around. We had those storms last Saturday morning & were LITERALLY a few blocks from where people lost fences, trees, roofs, etc. Mother Nature is up to her old tricks, for SURE! (I grinned BIG TIME over your doggy's unexpected bonus from the past storm!)

Anonymous said...

The clouds are beautiful and scary at the same time, I'm glad nothing bad came of it.

Jacque Uetz said...

Linda those are some scarey looking clouds.Is this what you see looking from your porch, nothing like what I pictured your land to look like I should have know it is KY and thats a good thing ..I just pictured it more like Texas and not so open..

MaryO said...

Oh my, if I had lived through a tornado I'd be watching the skies everytime a cloud came up! I enjoyed your pictures though and I'm glad you only had rain and wind this time around.

Fran said...

OOOOOOOOOOOH!! I've seen those KY clouds before. They are scary looking. Lovely view you have. I miss the beautiful views in KY.
Love & Hugs
Fran