Tuesday, December 26, 2006

felted purse


I bought a beautiful Pendleton sweater at the Goodwill store. It wasn't in great shape...had a couple of small holes. Total cost about $2.00. I cut it apart and cut out a purse pattern that was a back pack. Sewed it up. Then held my breath when I threw it in the washer. I kept checking on it and when it was approximately the size I wanted it to be. I broke the rules and threw it in the dryer.

It is a Christmas present for my oldest daughter, Tonya. She hasn't seen it yet. Because I forgot to wrap it and take it to our Christmas celebration.

5 comments:

Judi W. said...

What a cool idea! I bet she'll love it! Don't you hate that dark items are impossible to photograph!!

jandee said...

SO nice to have a creative mom!!

Kai said...

That is LOVELY! I just bet your daughter is going to LOVE it! Smart idea,using that pretty sweater in a brand new way! Let me know how she liked it!

Jacque Uetz said...

Linda what talent to make a purse out of a sweater.I love it!! I know it was a big hit..you have some hidden talents coming out LOL

Nita Butler said...

Linda,

LOVE the purse! You did a great job and I am sure your daughter will adore it!

Nita